Nov 19 2012
The folks over at Experian Hitwise put together another great webinar for marketers who want to take advantage of the 2012 Holiday shopping season with emphasis on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Experian Hitwise gives marketers a competitive advantage by providing daily insights on how 25 million Internet users around the world interact with more than 1 million websites.
Traffic surged on Cyber Monday and the day after Christmas
2011 clearly shows traffic increases from holiday shoppers on Cyber Monday and the day after Christmas. Implications for 2012? Perhaps…
Target keywords that consumers use to identify demand
- “_____ in stock”
- “best place to buy _____”
- “where to buy a _____”
Double digit growth in Black Friday search volume
Major retailers ramped up paid search for Black Friday
Who are Black Friday/Cyber Monday shoppers?
Key Takeaways: Cyber Monday is the new black
- Visits to top retail sites increased during the 2011 holiday season and Cyber Monday emerged as the top day for traffic, followed by Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Keep promotions going post holiday for consumers who are still in the market for deals.
- Take advantage of email to reach consumers during the weekend after Black Friday.
- Deal seeking continued through Cyber Monday.
Experian Hitwise is the leading online competitive intelligence service. Experian Hitwise gives marketers a competitive advantage by providing daily insights on how 25 million Internet users around the world interact with more than 1 million websites. This external view helps companies grow and protect their businesses by identifying threats and opportunities as they develop. Experian Hitwise has more than 1,500 clients across numerous sectors, including financial services, media, travel and retail.
Comments Off on Six Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopper Insights For Ecommerce