The Experian Hitwise Black Friday 2011 Webinar provided marketers with plenty of useful data and implications for the fast approaching Black Friday 2011: November 25.
Visits to the top 500 retailer sites during Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday increased from 2009 to 2010. Additionally, the graph below shows that visits to the top 500 retailer sites is higher and picking up through mid October 2011 as compared to the same period in 2010.
Continue reading “Ecommerce Tips for Black Friday 2011”
Comments Off on Ecommerce Tips for Black Friday 2011
An interview with Matt Williams of No Possum Consulting
- What challenges do businesses face today with online conversion?
- You’re really competing with yourself, not your competitors
- Classic book on entering the shopping cart: “Don’t Make Me Think”
- Shopping cart abandonment
- ROI for online conversion is usually high and on going
- Increase your traffic, optimize your conversion process, up selling and cross selling opportunities
- Where do you invest your $1000?
- Forecasting is key
Continue reading “Online Conversion With Matt Williams”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Comments Off on Online Conversion With Matt Williams
The 21 of the 50 best tips for ecommerce; have you implemented these yet?
1. Using any home digital video camera, you can shoot and now edit an effective video to complement your website’s product presentations. If your lighting is even and audio clear, you can create an effective online video. As a rule of thumb, keep videos short. For beginners, less than a minute is best. If you’re going over two minutes, your name better be Francis Ford Coppola. Don’t let an individual scene run longer than
George Hague, HAGUEdirect
“5 Free, Fantastic Web Marketing Tools,” May, Retail Online Integration
Continue reading “Best Money-making and Cost-saving Tips for Online Retail from Last Year”
I know Holiday 2011 isn’t even here yet, but if you are a retailer and/or e-commerce store owner it’s not enough to get ready for Holiday 2011, but also for next year’s season – especially if this is your first year in business. Here’s how…
Start a journal to log your observations about what went right and what can be improved upon in your planning, forecasting and inventory performance. Then start the new year with a post-mortem of your results and develop a strategy for improvement. Here are some potential topics to consider: Continue reading “Are You Ready for Holiday 2012?”
Comments Off on Are You Ready for Holiday 2012?
An interview with Jason Capshaw.
How did you get started in SEO for Ecommerce?
I was working on an ecommerce development project when they approached me about helping with their SEO. I began researching SEO and discovered I had a passion for the subject. My first SEO client was an Ecommerce site, and it has been my favorite ever since.
Continue reading “Ecommerce SEO: Site Navigation and Link Bait”