You may have heard about Google’s message to webmasters who may be using techniques outside Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, such as artificial or unnatural linking intended to manipulate PageRank.
Some people are running scared right now because of this message and are even afraid to link to sites that are credible and do meet Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
Continue reading “Google: Changing Link Building Forever”
Most businesses treat SEO like a one time project – get everyone on board, do it and then it’s done, right? But…
- Competitors for your search terms are willing to execute SEO until they outrank your site, pushing your site down in search rank
- Search engines change regularly and new features come along which can benefit search listings and user experience
- Missed opportunities abound when no one is skillfully monitoring keywords, landing pages and conversions
Continue reading “5 Steps To Agile SEO”
The folks over at HubSpot have provided another dandy whitepaper on a topic near and dear to marketers involved in social media. I’m going to break down the high points for you in this post so you can get on with it… your social media marketing strategy.
Advantages of Google+ Continue reading “Google+ vs. Pinterest: Which One Is Worth Your Time?”
Hey, did you hear about this SEO trick?
- Adding a bunch of links to the bottom of the home page
- Acquiring a large number of social bookmarking links, directory listings, article directory submissions, etc. in a few weeks
- Creating duplicate sites to get a keyword in the domain name
- Using hellotxt, onlywire, etc. to broadcast your link through social media
- Paying someone on fiverr to do a SEO or link building task
- Paying someone to comment on your blog and/or other blogs
- Paying to acquire lots of links relatively quickly
- Dabbling with keyword density
- Trying to fit as many keywords as possible into a web page
- Using automated link distribution networks
These are some examples of “SEO tricks” people used in the past with varying degrees of success, but today use them and you may be another victim of SEO trends.
Continue reading “Are You a Victim of SEO Trends?”
When promoting a product, you use all the usual mediums – Facebook, TV, magazine ads, Twitter – but have you used a blog? I don’t mean a business blog that you personally maintain, but someone else’s blog? If not, it’s a marketing path that is worth considering.
“We see blogger outreach as the opportunity to leverage influencers and connect with a new audience. We recognize that there are conversations happening in the blogosphere that are applicable to the brands we represent and we believe it’s valuable for our brands to join the discussion.” – Technorati.com
Continue reading “Building Blogger Relationships for Effective Marketing”
Comments Off on Building Blogger Relationships for Effective Marketing